Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Work from Stash and One BAP for 2009, Week Twenty-Nine

And yet another completion!


This one is called "Wedding Blessings" and is a design by Cathy Bussi which was published in the August 2009 issue of "The Cross Stitcher" (Volume 26. No. 4). It is stitched in DMC on opalescent white linen, 28 ct.

Now, for my next WIP, I've selected "Walking to Town", a Dimensions kit designed by Fred Swan. It was started back in 2001 when we were living in Saudi Arabia, it languished in storage until early 2006, and here is what it looked like in February 2008.

It's on 18 ct navy blue Aida and uses a lot of VERY dark colors (black, forest greens, dark browns)  so it isn't my favorite piece. Also, I had decided to "bling" it up a bit by adding Kreinik white blending filament to all the snow and white and silver seed beads instead of confetti stitches for the falling snow. It has quite a few counting errors in it so fudging is necessary. This will take me some time.

Meanwhile, it's time to take some pieces to the framer, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment