Saturday, December 19, 2009

A decision has been made...

And it's not one of my remaining UFOs. None of them really appeal to me right now and while I seriously doubt I can finish the piece I've chosen by the end of 2009, it is at least kitted up and ready to go.

I decided to go with "A Quaker Christmas", designed by G. R. Reinhardt for ByGone Stitches. You can see a stitched model here. I plan on using the threads (Crescent Colors) called for in the chart but I'm using 32 ct antique white Wichelt linen instead of the 28 ct Country French Cashmere show in the model. I'm tempted to stitch over one as well... I like the look of these motifs done small.

I don't usually do big Christmas pieces... Maybe this will be a piece I'll enter in the county fair next summer...


No comments:

Post a Comment