Thursday, September 16, 2010

Back to Basics and Learn a New Technique, Week Thirty-seven

The Witches Wheel, a Glendon Place chart, design by Cheryl A. Granda. I'm stitching it in black DMC floss on Colorscapes hand-dyed 32ct Bellfast Linen ("Solar"). It will eventually be heavily beaded in five different colors of Mill Hill seed beads!

Already I have two counting errors and I can't FIND them. this fabric doesn't take well to frogging (you can see a little grid of enlarged holes where the stitches were) so I'm going to have to come up with a work-around... kind of hard when I can't find the error!

1 comment:

  1. Well, it looks amazing so far, and I don't see any mistakes - but I definitely see how it could easily get totally out of hand! There's a lot of counting in between those motifs!!! 5 colors of beads? Really? Wow - you can never have too many beads :) Good luck getting around the hidden frog - I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete