Thursday, October 14, 2010

Back to Basics and Learn a New Technique, Week Forty-one

Slowly but surely...

Fudge found and implemented. Now to ensure that the single row of stitches in a circle around the entire thing hasn't been thrown off totally by the fudges...

Even with it being so close to completion, I'm going to be SOOO occupied with other things in the next few weeks, it'll never make it by Halloween. And with the cruise coming up in less than a week (OMG, OMG, I'm SOOO not ready), it'll have to be put away in favor of needlepoint, which I can do without magnification. Here is my chosen travel piece:

It sort of matches my bathroom decor of palms. Guess I need to sort the fibers before leaving as I would imagine I'll be having light issues otherwise.

Oh, and I won't b posting for a while. I REFUSE to pay their exorbitant charges for internet minutes! But I will come back with loads of pictures and I'll set up a place to view them SOMEWHERE! Not here though. This is stitchery only...




5 comments:

  1. WW looks AWESOME!!! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought this pattern and am hoping to kit it up soon. So nice to see a WIP photo on it. Sounds like I need to be careful counting on this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ALWAYS have counting difficulties --- but I found my mistake and it was from misreading of the chart. It's easy to lose track of one's place in all those black squares, and sadly, I'm way to lazy to make a working copy! I was off one square in one witch and that did me in! I'm really looking forward to the beading, though, as I think it will "POP"!

    Enjoy the project. Are you using the special fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just discovered that, while it calls for five skeins of DMC black, that wasn't enough --- by about 1/3 of the outside border (a single line of stitches in a circle)... Not so bad with DMC as black is easy to come by but if you use a speciality thread, get one extra skein is my recommendation.

    ReplyDelete