Monday, July 1, 2013

2013 - Reconnect to My Stitchery, Week Twenty-Six


I don't know where this week went! I KNOW I stitched but I don't have a lot to show for it. I seem to have gotten sidetracked into reading and sleeping late (because I can't get to sleep until late.) Oh, and the local HOA Girls' Night Out on Thursday didn't free up much stitching time either...

Oh well, I did get in one completion --- the "pink" quilt block for the special "Pink" category for the fair:



It's not as encrusted as I would have liked but I was stumped as to what to put on it. I have some pink (and green) buttons and beads but they looked too heavy for what I was aiming for so I left it rather simple. What I get for using such a bold print, I guess... it sort of set the scene and I couldn't match it with buttons or beads. Hope it qualifies...

I also got back to stitching on "Midnight Garden":



Borders are set and I'm starting on the backstitching and blackwork in the inner borders now, with the parts that are in black... Doesn't loom like much but it's like confetti stitching in those inner borders. I'm hoping to get started on the blue this week.

I'm so far behind on other pieces, though. The basic block for the Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2013 is made up but now it needs embellishment.  I have yet to kit out a June butterfly for Bead Journal Project and it's already July (which means two in one month! AAARGH!). The sashing hasn't been touched on my 2012 color palatte/CQJ/BJP wall hanging. I have two "Roll Your Own" mandalas to select a color scheme for and kit out, to say nothing of the Sharon B weekly TAST (which starts up again this week after a week's hiatus) and background stitch guide. Oh yes, and in one month, there will be the "Messy Beading" Purple Daisy for L. Perin coming! I really need to get my stitching mojo back!

No comments:

Post a Comment