Tuesday, February 11, 2014

2014 - Staying Connected, Week Six

Continued progress on "Roll Your Own" --- there are now seven colors completed, an eighth 75% completed out of 12. 



Very slow moving as my eyes and 32 ct aren't getting on. 

It's not looking a lot like "Tropical Seas" on this fabric. More like the fabric's name: "Iris Garden" - as the delft blue sequence of colors are looking more purple than blue! But I like the look...

Two weeks into the Funk & Weber Framing class: lesson one was tips on cleaning and prepping embroidery for framing (some of which I have always done, some of which I have never done and will have to start doing, I think) and lesson two was all about frames, mats and glass. I'm finding this very useful, even if I never do decide to frame my own work...


As for the weather --- we are now ranking # 3 on the list of all-time snowiest winter seasons in NW Ohio! Less than an inch will propel us to # 2 (and we are supposed to get somewhere between 3 and 8 inches Thursday through Saturday!). If we get the high side of this week's forecast snow, we will have broken the record set back in 1977-78, the year of the "Blizzard of '78"! AAARGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment