Wednesday, March 12, 2014

2014 - Staying Connected, Week Ten

Snow today (heavy and with winds so it's drifting - predicted somewhere around 8"), I need to make a casserole for quilt guild Thursday night and we are expecting house guests either Sunday or Monday so stitching won't be a priority this week, I fear. 

But that's OK because this past month has been a "Stitchathon" at Cross Stitch Crazy and I managed to participate  since I had all my February non-stitchy deadlines accomplished when it started. I put in a total of 14826 stitches between February 10 and March 9! Contributing to this stitch count were "Roll Your Own" (part one), "Save the Stitches"(first three blocks), and Wiehenburg Designs' "Mystery Band Sampler" (first five bands)! Basically, this is three non-completion completions since all three are shaping up to be long-term BAPs!

Here is the  Wiehenburg Designs' "Mystery Band Sampler" so far:



stitched 3 over 2 on 32ct Jazlyn (yet more of that "Iris Garden" overdye - I must have liked it because my stash is full of small cuts of it!) using ThreadworX (AKA NeedleNecessities) "Mosaic" - color 1138 (two-plus skeins of which are left-overs from "Kimono-Revisited")!

I also got started on the outline for part 2 of "Roll Your Own", called "Reloaded": 



and while it didn't count toward my stitch count, I also completed my March Crazy Quilt Journal Project block:



and made a start on my March Bead Journal ATC-sized ornament:



The next Take a Stitch Tuesday stitch arrived in my inbox on Tuesday but I haven't had a chance to do more than print out the instructions. It's time to dig out a new cut of fabric and switch out the threads being used because the current fabric cut is nearly full and I'm not sure the new stitch will fit on it!




No comments:

Post a Comment