Wednesday, July 30, 2014

2014 - Staying Connected, Week Thirty

Got sidetracked a lot this week.

First, Saturday was taken up with taking my four stitched pieces to the fair reception and checking them in for the judging, supposed to take place Saturday and Sunday afternoons. So, on opening day (Monday), naturally, I went to see how I did. Would you believe - the building was closed to the public for JUDGING! I was/am furious - that visit cost me my free ticket of entry! Haven't been back since... Quilt Day is Thursday and I volunteered to help set up (and it is also Senior Day, so I get in free). I will see if I can find my stuff then...

Meanwhile, the beading mood didn't strike so I spent a lot of time in my crafting space stitching together six blocks from the 2013 Crazy Quilt Journal Project Challenge. Here are the blocks form July through December:


Six to go and then borders, batting and backing...

I finally got out the beads on Sunday and Tuesday nights and made some progress on my July Bead Journal Project piece:



That Snowy Owl who never went home? Now he thinks he's an eagle, a very patriotic one at that! 

Now I need to come up with an idea for August...

The rest of the time, it was catch-up with the Create 2014 classes I took at the end of May - I got 12 cards that had been started but not finished completed as well as a Tim Holtz folio. Only one more piece to go and that will wrap that class up with a nice big ribbon! Pics of these pieces are on my stamping blog...


It's been a cool summer (Monday night/Tuesday morning broke a record for low temperatures!) --- cool enough to afflict half of my tomatoes with verticillum wilt but not wet enough to make the other half happy. Meanwhile, Husband has been busy replacing trees we lost last winter in the super cold. Tuesday, a crabapple took the place of the standard cottoneaster... and now the displaced hostas, daylilies and astilbe need to be replanted! Even perennial gardens require constant upkeep!

No comments:

Post a Comment