Saturday, June 20, 2015

Week Twenty-Three, June 11, 2015 and Week Twenty-Four, June 18, 2015

I'm B-a-a-a-ck! Well, *I* am back... not sure about the stitching mojo.

The cold finally seems to have depearted. Maybe 90° weather in Atlanta baked it out of me. I will see.

Atlanta. you say?

We've been on a three week road trip (June 1 - 19), or as my husband called it, when the car's starter died in West Virginia, "Charlie's Exciting Adventure". We had two days drive form Ohio to Florida, seven days with a freind, one day's drive back north to Atlanta, four nights in a hotel/conference center for the National Hemerocallis (AKA Daylily) Society Convention, another day's drive to Shelby, NC (Yes, THAT Shelby where that mass shooter was caught, two days After we left!), a night there with a friend who hybridizes GORGEOUS daylilies, and then a day's drive to Harper's Ferry, WV where we planned only to overnight with yet more friends. Trouble is, the next day, the car wouldn't start and husband embarked on his "Exciting Adventure", locating a Lexus dealer, getting the car there, and then dealing with a beaurocracy that left us living on the mercy of those friends for three more days! Finally, we drive ten more hours through the remnants of tropical Storm Bill, arriving back home at around 6PM! Exhausting!

I'll share a few trip pictures next week when I check in...

Needless to say, I didn't get a lot of stitching done but, when husband was touring daylily gardens on the 12th adn 13th, I did get in some stitching on my traveling needlepoint piece. Here is what it looked like after the last known stitching, in June of 2014:
 
And here is  a closeup of that top border after three more three-ply wool strands were put into the leopard spots:
 

Not a lot, but given the light in hotel rooms and the fact that it was storming and VERY dark outside the room window, not bad.

I plan on keeping it out for the weekend and see if I can at least get the border done before putting it away for the next trip. I'm hoping, also to finish one Craqzy Quilt/Bead Journal block, assemble and start two more, and get the two BAPs ("RYO Mandala" and "Save the Stitches") out of their dust wrappers and onto Q-Snaps in the coming week. After the laundry, the bills and the thank-you notes are sent out, that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment