Thursday, November 5, 2015

Week Forty-Four, November 5, 2015Week Forty-Four, November 5, 2015

That pesky cold is back again, along with a sprained lower back… Yesterday morning was husband’s high school class monthly breakfast so we had to get up early to get there.  

And then there was last night — a night football game, kick-off at 8PM. It was televised so each 15 minute quarter lasted an hour (we finally gave up and left at 11 PM, end of the third quarter, when our team was leading 48 - 17). It was warm for November (70 at kickoff) and the President’s Suite was crowded with people (there are 35 seats, give or take a few, but there were a LOT of people standing as well) and since it’s a close space, it was HOT in there. With this cold starting up again, I wasn’t too keen on staying for the whole game, however much I love my Falcons, and I surely wasn’t going to take up my needlework when we arrived home around Midnight!  

Final Score 62 - 24!

So I wasn’t very good for stitchery this week.

I did get some work done, however. I quilted (!!!). Those three place mats are finished and ready to take to guild next Thursday night. I know that the Meals on Wheels gifting is currently oversubscribed but some others have stepped up with nursing, assisted living and retirement homes as possible recipients so I will take my poor first attempts at serious quilting in and hope they get good homes…
Here they are, front and back…


Placemat #1 - front

Placemat #1 - back

Placemat #2 - front
Placemat #2 - back





Placemat #3 - front
Placemat #3 - back


I also started the color fill on the Roll Your Own Mandala “Re #3 0venge; color # 1 is roughly 1/4 complete:




Cold permitting this next week looks pretty much unencumbered by events. Also, I’m hoping I can stitch all day long Friday night/Saturday when husband will be off daylily conferencing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment