Monday, March 1, 2021

WIPocalypse February 2021 Check-In and I'm late again...

The topic for discussion this month is:

"What stitch-a-longs (SALs) are you participating in this year?"
Well, besides this WIPocalypse, I have scaled back this year and only have two (mystery) SALs in progress:

1. The Faithwurks/Just Cross Stitch Christmas Quaker, which now has two parts complete:
Picture
Part three is due out in the June 2021 issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine, the digital version of which should be available in late April, early May, 2021.

2. The fifth and final SAL in Stitchonomy's Year of SALs: "Winter 2020", stitched on 16 ct Riviera Aqua Aida, using DMC threads as called for in the chart, now finished and awaiting finish-finishing:
Picture
I have enrolled in the next Stitchonomy SAL, Version Two of "Homely Houseplants" and have ordered the floss/fabric kit.

​That pretty much completes my current SAL participation although I have fabric and thread up the wazoo for  potential BAP/SAL projects but have yet to decided on which, if any, will get stitched: 
  • a blackwork sampler SAL by Peppermint Purple which is a blackwork sampler intended as a companion for the one I completed in 2020
  • the 2021 mystery sampler SAL by Linen & Threads, called "Talavera"

In the non-SAL arena, The Long Dog "Pandemic" pattern is also "kitted up" with oodles of thread choices and at least two fabric possibilities lined up but not sure I will actually stitch it or not. In addition, I have my eye on two Elizabeth Almond blackwork pieces which appeared in the February 2021 and April 2021 issues of Just Cross Stitch. Ironic since my BAP Elizabeth Almond "Save the Stitches" piece languishes again...

​Basically, I have scaled WAY back on my stitchery in favor of the Mixed Media class I am enrolled in. Once my taxes are wrapped up and in the hands of the accountant, I may scale back up again in March, but it may require a lot of ambition which I currently lack.

Stay safe and healthy out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment