Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Work from Stash and One BAP for 2009, Week Thirty-Seven




Sep 16, '09 11:45 AM
Some progress on my San Man Originals Snowman Collage. Ran into some color and size problems with Sunflower Snow but I think I can fix the other five patterns to work with it.



I attended my first ever meeting of a local quilting guild, Black Swamp Quilters, on Thursday and while the ladies were wonderfully welcoming , I think I may be WAY in over my head here. My quilting skills are zilch and they do such lovely work. But the meeting did inspire me to root through my stack of UFOs from those quilting classes I took back in Saudi Arabia in the early 2000s and dig out this raw edge applique study. I finished up the free embroidery (you can't really see it but there are words on the green background) and assembled the three pieces with sashing (ripped out the sashing five times too and finally gave up --- piecing isn't supposed to be so stressful!), Now, to get up the courage to actually quilt something for the very first time...


No comments:

Post a Comment