Thursday, February 4, 2010

Back to Basics and Learn a New Technique, Week Five

Started a new piece, a kit that was in my project bag. Decided I needed to do something simple for a while to get my mind off quaker motifs before I dive right back in!

It's called "Garden Sampler", is a design by Nancy Rossi of the Kooler Design Studio and published by JanLynn. 14 ct Aida and DMC floss... 


I aso have pieced together two pieces of cotton that I think will be my February bead Journal project background. You can make out the basting for the felt I have put on the back --- it will be 5" x 5" finished and I THINK I will be offsetting it so that the pink will be no more than 1.5" of that. Beads are picked out --- WAY more than I need --- and I THINK I know what I want to stitch but as to what it ends up like, well, that no-one but the bead goddess knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment