Thursday, December 9, 2010

Back to Basics and Learn a New Technique, Week Forty-nine

All I accomplished this week was a few beads on the December BJP and eight gift card envelopes (paper). I seem to have lost my stitching mojo so I am trying to boost it by kitting up three ornaments (just what I need --- another project kitted up!). 

Wouldn't you know, in all my stash, I STILL don't have the exact Kreinik braids or Mill Hill beads called for in the cherts. I'm willing to fudge a little re color (I'm using a 28 ct linen in lieu of the specified 14 ct Aida), but I need petit seed beads (I don't have any even close to the color range in the petit size range) and Kreinik #8 braid (I seem to have spend all my $$$ on blending filaments!). So an order has been placed and I will start with the floss parts this weekend --- either that or unload a few boxes of cookbooks (still packed in boxes in the basement) for the new shelf in my pantry!

1 comment:

  1. You know, I have beads coming out my ears, and LOTS of #4 braids - and I STILL never have what I need (which explains why I have so much Kreinik, I guess). I fudge where I can - or just plain swap out because I want to change - but it amazes me the stuff I still have to go get sometimes :) I don't have a lot of the 15/0, either; but I also prefer to use Delicas instead of Mill Hill 11/0s when I can - so I'm always looking for beads :) Esp. when I add them where there weren't any beads at all..

    To me, kitting is as much fun as stitching, so it's mojo, of a sort :)

    ReplyDelete