Wednesday, December 1, 2010

November Bead Journal Page

When I selected this fabric, and the beads, it was because I LIKED it, not because it reminded my of November in any way. For some reason, when I am at a loss for a theme, I seem to be drawn to this ferny batik fabric. And after all, purple and gold and green are Mardi Gras colors, right?

But as I stitched away, I was thinking of a specific song from on of my favorite musicals --- and then yesterday I found out that it was St. Andrew's Day! Now I'm 25% Scottish and I love the Highlands and the only time I was ever able to visit them, it was in late October/early November, when a frost had turned the bracken brown-gold. There was still a touch of purple of heather on the hills... (the song with that title was from Brigadoon...)

So... introducing "The Heather on the Hill"!



Sorry for the glare. That large "bead" is a sort of lavendery gold, with a green "flower" motif in the center... and my flash insisted it was needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment