Thursday, August 4, 2011

Reporting in on the fair... UPDATED





I entered 12 pieces in all into seven categories and won.........

six ribbons! And made back my fair entry fee with $4 to spare!








A third place for my Marilyn Robertson Art deco black cat set (four of the pieces)

a second place for my Michael Powell "Greek Window"


 and first places for "Witches Wheel"


"Harvest Sampler"


"Garden Stars"

and "Fountain Mandala"



The last three pieces --- a trio of Christmas ornaments --- well I couldn't find them anywhere so I'm assuming they didn't win anything (although I didn't see a blue for any cross-stitched ornaments so I really don't know. The blue I did see was for three cute little snowmen but they weren't embroidered, so should have been in a different category...

We went back this afternoon and found my ornaments. They hung them on a tree about ten feet away but they were there!


And another blue! So make that $7.50 profit! LOL

All but two were in glass cases, and so there is some glare... Apologies! My husband took more pictures so I replaced my really glarey "Fountain Mandala" photo  with his...




5 comments:

  1. WooHoo!!! Congrats on the fabulous wins!!! I knew you'd bring home a pile of ribbons!!! I would have been shocked if Garden Stars didn't get a 1st, and Witch's Wheel should, just because it is AWESOME (I have gotten mixed results on Halloween themed things down here in the Bible Belt :( )!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool on finding another blue ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah --- pretty sad that I HAD to find that seventh entry, wasn' t it? My husband says I am with my needlework like he is with his hostas --- enter them in the show and hope that you will sweep the ribbons and even with 6 ribbons, I was fretting over that one missing piece with no ribbon! LOL

    Now I can fret about why did my cats only get third and my Greek Window only a second. OK, I really didn't expect Greek Window (totally a different style from the other "picture" submittals I saw on display so probably not to the judges' tastes) to be a big winner, but the cats...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, well, if you read back through mine to the '09 and the '08 fairs I entered, I am STILL scratching my head over a couple of "odd" decisions by ""judges" at mine... And people are asking me why I'm bothering again this year - clearly, I'm a glutton for punishment :)

    ReplyDelete