Monday, March 4, 2013

2013 - Reconnect to My Stitchery, Week Nine


In between an esophageal endoscopy (which pretty much wiped out Monday as a useful day - but so far as I know, this was also a positive result) and a mammogram (which really set my Wednesday off to a WONDERFUL start --- but at least it was a positive result!) which bracketed the first day of a nasty icy four day winter storm, I did manage to accomplish a little in the way of stitching. 
I did manage to get all the blackwork done on "Red Thai Mandala":



All that is left now is a lot of little gold seed beads in the centers of all those lotus flowers and about half of the Algerian eyelets. I just wasn't in the mood for chasing beads around this week so...

I got a head start on the March Crazy Quilt Journal Project block --- this one is monochrome red  (with a little pink thrown in --- honest, that center patch is supposed to be PINK although it looks ecru next to the darker reds) with a few seam treatments done:



And then there was lesson 3 in "Encrusted Crazy Quilting" which focused on texture --- primarily silk ribbon and Brazilian embroidery, neither of which I have ever done. I have some silk ribbon somewhere but can't find it and odds are, it's the wrong color anyway, so I ordered some on sale... We shall see it gets here on time. As for Brazilian, when you all must know by know how I feel about rayon threads! So I compromised (cheated?) and tried to add some texture with some basic free-had embroidery daisies and French knots:



And of course, I finished the latest Take a Stitch Tuesday assignment as well as the challenge issued at the end of stitch 54, both posted earlier this week.

My big goal this week is to finish up the taxes because there is a new class starting on the 7th: Sharon B's "Sumptious Embroidery" (materials on order for that as well) and it 's already beginning to look like I've bitten off more than I can chew there!

No comments:

Post a Comment