Monday, March 11, 2013

2013 - Reconnect to My Stitchery, Week Ten


It's been a busy, if disorganized, week for me but I did complete a few pieces and made some progress on some WIPS...

The completions were: "Red Thai Mandala", "Vintage Kitchen" from "Color Through the Ages", and stitches 56 and 57  (Sailor Stitch and Sailor Edging) from Take a Stitch Tuesday:



Progress was made on my Crazy Quilt Journal block for March --- only beading to go, I think:



I completed Lesson Three in the "Encrusted Crazy Quilting Class" (I am now officially behind a week in that class):



And I stitched on the latest "Mittens & Mini-Socks" lesson (Mt. Fuji):



Other in-progress pieces without photos are lesson one for "Sumptious Surface Embroidery" (I have a possible post-card-sized design sketched out), a mug rug for quilt guild (needs binding but I actually did some needle turn applique  - first time since Saudi Arabia  - *and* machine quilting - first time EVER!) and trimmed the blocks for finish-finishing of my 2102 Color Palette/CQJP/BFP challenge wall hanging!

Somehow, with all of this, it doesn't feel like I got a lot accomplished --- it was too scattered, no focus. And this week is going to be a busy one so I fear I won't get much done on the stitching front. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment