Monday, May 20, 2013

2013 - Reconnect to My Stitchery, Week Twenty and International Hermit and Stitch Weekend for May 2013


My last week on drops for the left eye and an eye exam has resulted in new glasses (should be in in a week or so) which should solve any additional problems I have (except for the peripheral vision shimmer which still sometimes strikes without warning).

I really lost my stitchery mojo last week ---
I settled down on Sunday to get some stitches in on International Hermit and Stitch Weekend...

Finally finished the April BJP butterfly:



May's butterfly will be in orange and white on a yellow background. Just have to get it set up and maybe I will be able to catch up.

I got kind-of behind what with eye surgery and all but finally caught up last night with Take a Stitch Tuesday Stitch #65: the buttonhole bar:



I can see this doing a really really neat layering effect on top of other stitches! And it was fun to do! If I'd had more time, I would have tried it with different threads but getting one row done in perle cotton was good enough to learn the stitch.

I also did the Coral Stitch (#66) in a different color perle cotton:


It doesn't show up as clearly as I would like but I do like the effect...


My to-do project bag is still full but there's hope that maybe I can catch up before June is too far underway!

No comments:

Post a Comment