Friday, November 1, 2013

Take a Stitch Tuesday 2013 - ## 87 and 88


Take a Stitch Tuesday 2013 - ## 87 and 88

Two stitches this week ---actually two variants of the same stitch --- the buttonhole picot.

I think I got the first variant right --- one that uses a bullion knot, but my tension suffers in this one and since I HATE bullion knots, that meant a lot of undoing and redoing to get the short line of stitch done. However... you can see this one on the left:



On the right is a failed attempt at the second variant, one using chain stitches. I couldn't make sense of the instructions, I fear, probably because I stitches this late at night. I only used one chain, instead of two or three because I simply couldn't figure out how to do more than one. Anyway, it's on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment