Thursday, April 9, 2015

Week Fourteen, April 9, 2015

We had our first thunderstorm of the season this morning, early, which woke me up in time to get to the public radio telephone volunteer on time (I had mis-set my alarm clock after a power outage earlier in the week) . And other signs of spring are crocuses in bloom:



I managed to keep to my plan of 2 days per project in rotation.

The first two days this week were spent in planning out and assembling the basic block for my April Crazy Quilt Journal and Bead Journal Project entries:



The next two were spent in working on the outline for "Jan", the second of the three "Spawn" in the Roll Your Own mandala series:


And on Monday and Wednesday nights (Tuesday nights are reserved for Girls' Night Out in Toledo) , I finished up Block 13 on Save the Stitches:




So, can I keep to this schedule? I doubt it. But... I met a quilt guild member at the radio station this AM and she was stitching on some EGA charity gifts which really intrigued me. The chapter she belongs to does little framed samplers to give to Habitat for Humanity recipients and they are in real need of them this year as the number has risen sharply so... so she's getting me a copy of the pattern and I will stitch a couple up for her in the coming month... That will give me a little variety and me a break from the continual black-and-blue-and- green-itis which might be the cause of my lack of desire to stitch. we shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment