Friday, May 22, 2015

Week Twenty, May 21, 2015

Finally, the cold (disease --- I won't swear to the weather yet!)  appears to be gone (knock on wood) and I started stitching again! 

First of all, I stitched a memory block for a quilt our online cross-stitching group is making for the family of a dear stitching friend who passed away from cancer. I show pictures in my last post, about the International Hermit and Stitch Weekend. 

And then I picked up my long-neglected Crazy Quilt Journal/Bead Journal block which I had made for April and reassigned it to May (I'll do a new block for April when I put together on for June and hopefully, will be back on track by July!)!  I got in a lot of seam treatments and started beading and got this far...



I'm calling it "May Flowers" - not very original but easier to stitch than three days at a rubber stamping convention! The yellow silk is from an embroidered scrap given me by an online friend and I continued the leaves out into neighboring scraps to show tress leafing out in our garden. The row of little red flowers along the green lace are meant to be tulips, while the blue-green leaves along the whipped zig-zag chain stitch above the tulips are the leaves of hostas growing almost before our eyes! eaves. And the beading below the green lace are meant to be roots of the daylilies only just beginning to show their leaves. There is more beading to come and then this block will be finished! YAY!

I'll finish with a few of the flowers now growing in husband's garden - the first clematis of the year, some azaleas, and some tree peonies!





No comments:

Post a Comment