Monday, August 17, 2015

International Hermit and Stitch Weekend, Pt. 1

IHSW was posted early this month as part 1 (I assume there will be a part 2 coming on the assigned date of August 21-23, 2015.  At any rates, I was stitching this weekend so here is what I accomplished...

A completion! "Jan" the second of the "Spawn of Roll Your Own", a series of mandalas designed by Tracy Horner, if now finished:



It was started back in the first week of April, 2015, and shouldn't have taken THIS long but other events intervened (nasty sinus infection, road trip to Florida and Georgia, etc) and I really didn't get back to it until the last weeks of July. It is in the "Tropical Ocean" colorway on "Iris Garden" dyed 32-ct Jobelin. Here is how it looks with it's "sister", Marcia, and the first three large mandalas, "Roll Your Own", "Reloaded" and "Bride of Roll Your Own":



The outline for the third "Spawn" ("Cindy") is now started to the left of "Jan" and there are three more large mandalas which will be lined up below the spawn (eventually!).

I also spent some time with my sewing machine this weekend. The quilt guild I belong to is making place mats to take along at the holidays for the local version of "Meals on Wheels". I cut and stitched two place mats and they are ready to sandwich, quilt and bind:





These place mats and "Cindy" of the Roll Your Own mandalas will be my projects to stitch on this coming weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment