Thursday, August 6, 2015

Week Thirty-one, August 6, 2014

A completion, and ALMOST on schedule, finally! The July Crazy Quilt/Bead Journal Project block was finished on August 1! 



Because it is July, it HAD to commemorate July 4, even though we didn't go to a fireworks display or parade this year. However, we could see fireworks from our house --- some farmer apparently got permission set off  a really good aerial show! So... the batik stars, the (VERY PALE) white-on-white stripes and the scattered star-shaped buttons are meant to be a patriotic reference!

Meanwhile, I played with lazy daisy flowers using beads on one seam treatment, beaded a stem stitch on an adjacent seam, and added beads to the strip of lace on a third.. 

That means I had to get cracking on August, and this is how far I got...



I don't really know how to embellish this to make it relevant to me in August. There is the fair, but I'm not entering (that sinus infection really put me off my game and I don't have anything to enter and there is no other reason to go, IMO). I'm no fan of the National Tractor Pulling Championships!  And I have no kids to send back to school (hard to believe it starts August 24!). There's always the garden, I suppose... August is, as always, a puzzlement...

As for other works in progress, they weren't touched.




No comments:

Post a Comment