Wednesday, February 24, 2016

WIPocalypse 2016 - February 22

I know - I'm late. I forgot that Monday was the full moon.

The topic for this full moon was” If you have any of your pieces on display in your home which attracts the most plaudits?”

Well, at present there are only two pieces “on display” (if you don’t count needlepoint pillows, that is): one is in the half-bath and never seems to be noticed while the other is in the “breakfast” part of the kitchen and, I think, has been noticed once, not exactly attracting plaudits but. It is a piece called Inspired by Iznik - designed by Carol Phillipson and published in "Cross Stitch Collection # 105, completed July 12, 2004. This is a photo of it before I had it framed:




Since the last WIPocalypse, http://210920746822434353.weebly.com/my-stitchery-journal/wipocalypse-2016-january-24 I have made some small progress on “rematch” of the Roll Your Own Mandala series, having only one page (of six) left to go on the outline:




However, since early February, we have been “traveling” and there has been insufficient light and magnification to take such a large piece along so I have resurrected my traveling project, “Palm Tree Elegance” Since arriving in Florida, between exploratory trips to various springs, I have managed to complete the leopard-spot border and (on the 23rd) start on the inner border:






I have part of one more week on the traveling piece and then I will be back home where there are taxes to catch up on, a house guest arriving and various post-travel chores (laundry, groceries, etc.) to catch up on so there may not be a lot of progress to report in March. However, we live in hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment