Thursday, March 17, 2016

Week Eleven, March 17, 2016

I did stitch this week! Honest! Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday…four days of roughly 2 hours each. Although you might be hard pressed to see any progress…

What has happened is I finished the outline for “Rematch” in the roll Your Own Mandala series. Well, mostly finished, because as I started with the color filling, I did discover a few places where I missed out a few black stitches and had to go back and fill them in. 

So where I stand right now is one color finished and a second roughly 30% done:



Now I’m in the middle of what my husband calls my 50,000 mile check-up.
  • First was a podiatrist appointment (for diabetic neuropathy screening — so far, so good, no neuropathy, even though I have extensive ankle image from causes unknown) and General Practitioner for a Well Woman exam (all’s well in the pre-screening nut no PAP this year and there were la tests to run) were completed in this time period. 
  • Today I had a blood work-up (and received a somewhat scary call from the GP saying they wanted to talk about it — how in blazes did they get results in less than four hours after the blood draw, anyway?) after a dust-up with the registrar who questioned my insurance (after all, I TOLD her it had changed but why should she trust me, the card issued by the insurance company, etc. when she can’t even tell that the last time I used insurance in the hospital was February 2015 - she actually had the nerve to tell me I had used the now-defunct insurance in February 2016 so of COURSE she had to question that I said!!! GAH!). 
  • Next up, mammogram and dexascan (both in one day the coming week) and colonoscopy (pre-consult on April 5 with the actual procedure to be scheduled). And then a dental 6-month check-up on the 12 of April… 

I’m trying to decide whether I will schedule that conversation with the GP now or wait until after the procedures are at least completed, if not totally analyzed. Why Should I pay for multiple follow-up visits? And she said no rush but then, why call? 

Can you tell I HATE medical appointments almost as much as financial stuff (taxes, hated in last week to the accountant, should be ready to sign Monday!). I can’t think a a better way to ruin my weekend, and to disrupt my focus on that mandala, than worrying that something is bad in that blood work and that we will owe taxes for 2015… And I DO tend to worry.

So… This weekend, I will be spending my days in may basement craft area, playing with paper, ink and various “stuff”. Maybe that will cheer me up… And then I’ll pet some cats:




No comments:

Post a Comment