Thursday, March 3, 2016

Week Nine, March 3, 2016

As I said in last week’s update, we had been in Florida for a three-week “holiday” and my stitching was pretty much limited to my traveling piece, “Palm Tree Elegance”, a needlepoint of a pal in a pot which I had hopes for for my oak-tree inspired bathroom. Not sure it will work now (not real fond of that leopard-spot border)  but, being who I am, I WILL finish it!

In the last week, in between visits to the University of Florida Natural History Museum/Butterfly Rainforest exhibit  (where a Blue Morro butterfly perched on my shoulder --- unfortunately he, or she, didn't show off his, or her, brilliant blue coloration),



the two-day drive home, the laundry and mail sorting, getting taxes ready, and shopping for the bare food essentials, I only really got in a couple of days of stitching on Palm Tree Elegance, but there are now two colors (out of four) completed in the inner border:



The Roll Your Own piece, with the partial outline of “Rematch” is now back on the stitching calendar, with hopes to start it tonight.

I will leave w=you with a view of the Micanopy Historical Cemetery, founded in the early 1800s,  abloom with azaleas and dripping with Spanish moss from majestic Live Oak trees!






No comments:

Post a Comment