Monday, June 20, 2016

WIPocalypse 2016 - June 20 (and the first day of summer!)

This full moon, we are asked: “Do you find yourself more productive with stitching in summer or winter?” And I have to answer that there is probably no difference. I stitch at night for the most part, with my daylight-quality lamp, so longer days in summer don’t really make a difference amor the shorter days of winter. I stitch indoors so temperature is not an issue. There are different demands on my time and impacts on my mojo with each season: I really can’t stitch effectively when I’m suffering from a full-blown sinus headache (winter colds and summer allergies bring that on) or a nasty cough (winter colds again), winter holiday events take away from stitching time as do summer road trips, etc. But all in all, I think it balances out.

Last WIPocalypse, my goals were stated as: “to keep plugging away on “Return” and see how far I can get this summer”. Other activities on my agenda were:

  • My vegetable garden - It is doing fairly well, considering the heat and lack of rain, which means daily soakings from the hose are in order. 
  • My paper crafting is up-to-date -  although new challenges keep coming in weekly so that is a never-ending battle. 
  • Reading - I’m stalled out on a new book on my iPad, but the upcoming road trip to Louisville may remedy that. 


As for “Roll Your Own”, last Wipocalypse, I had  the outline of “Return” just barely started, Now, that outline is complete as are three (of twelve) fill colors and the fourth color is roughly 75% complete:



Pretty good considering I probably only stitched two nights a week on average since the last WIPocalypse. 

Here is where the entire piece is today:



Given issues with my quilt guild website, I’m thinking of creating a new one on Weebly and I intend to put some of the hotel time in Louisville in on that, to say nothing of my traveling needlepoint piece. Still, that trip is only for six days (including travel time) so there is plenty of time left in the next reporting period to make some progress on “Return”. I’ve two charts on order - one for a late wedding gift for one niece and the other for a birth announcement for another (startitis is lurking in the corner) and since I don’t expect to get “Roll Your Own” ready of this year’s fair, I may just start one of those if it arrives before we leave. 


So we shall see in July just how far “Roll Your Own” has come! Can we say “Keep on keeping on!”?

No comments:

Post a Comment