Thursday, June 30, 2016

Week Twenty-Six, June 30, 2016

Sitting here in a hotel room in Louisville, KY, where even the bathroom light are less than 20W, there is only one flat surface in the room to put my laptop (a tint round table with legs in all the wrong places, and a large “leather” chair with no wheel that is too high of the table!), and no free breakfasts (so I’m drinking the in-room swill that passes for coffee). Oh, and it has a HUGE balcony (overlooking a parking lot and an airport runway) with NO FURNITURE on it! Needless to say, this blog post will likely be very short, as my back will not tolerate much more of this!

I did stitch this past week, a little at least. I am finished with color #6 and  a little more than halfway through color #7 (of 12):



Needless to say, there will be no cross stitch in this hotel room, because even though I did bring my portable Ott light, there is no place with a plug close enough to where I can sit and stitch that will allow me to place the light, so... But i do have my traveling needlepoint piece, “Palm Tree Elegance” with me and it will take center stage, at least until we depart the lovely Airport Hotel and Conference Center. (See Louisville, you say? Well, this place is in the middle of the most awful spaghetti junction of interstates you may ever have seen and Louisville proper is at least more than 10 miles from here. Can’t walk anywhere and I don’t drive my husband’s car so…)


See you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment