Monday, August 28, 2017

WIPocalypse 2017 - August Check-in

This month's question is "How do you get yourself out of a stitching drought?" and  I really wish I had an answer!

​I have been in a stitching drought since October 2016 --- initially becsaue of a broken wrist (that was roughly 4 months stitchery-free during healing and therapy) and then because my hand wasn't strong enough to hold my Q-snaps for any extended period of time without cramping or shaking. I think I am better now but... getting the motivation to pick up those two WIPS/wannabee UFOs is really, really hard. The "Love Is..." sampler is simply way to late for my niece's first anniversary and I don't like it enough to keep for myself. The Elizabeth Arnold blackwork sampler is way to big to attempt right now: even with my wrist totally healed, I hesitate to try blackwork on such a large handheld piece. I am tempted by three small needlepoint canvases I purchased a year or two ago but it is a matter of actually picking them up and starting one of them, know what I mean?

Anyway, I think you can guess from the above paragraph that I didn't stitch at all again this month. Sorry...

No comments:

Post a Comment