Sunday, July 29, 2018

WIPocalypse CheckIn, July 29, 2018

The discussion topic for this month is:


" Half-year recap: How are you doing with your goals so far this year?"

​I'd laugh if it weren't so sad. No progress. Not a stitch. Even my attempts at organization ave stalled out at the bin of DMC floss that needs putting away. I'm really having difficulty getting motivated. Heck, I have even spent several hours this weekend updating out financial records, which I absolutely HATE to do. And in two days, I have brought six months of arrears in my entries to Quicken for four credit cards and one checkbook. Only once create card and four bank accounts to go!

On her blog, Mel said:
"So if you’re feeling stuck, try that challenge on whatever you’re working.  One stitch per day.  Just do one.  By itself, it may not seem like much.  But one stitch leads to another, and to another… and then once you relax and accept that your one stitch per day meets the goal?  Everything else is a reward. It’s such a simple thing..."

She's so right. If it works for my financial records, it SHOULD work for my stitchery. I am going to try this!

She went on to say:
"I’m genuinely thinking of running it as part of this challenge next year (giving the HAED project designer credit for the idea, of course). Pick a stubborn UFO or the one you really, really want to finish, and stitch at least one stitch per day for 100 days."

What a GREAT idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment