Monday, May 18, 2015

International Hermit and Stitch Weekend - May 15 - 17, 2015

I did it! I stitched! Not a lot but I finally felt up to stitchery. The nasty cold is gone! Yay!

And what I stitched was necessary... an embroidered quilt block for a memory quilt for a dear friend who passed away a few weeks ago from a particularly nasty cancer. Her favorite color was purple and she was very fond of daffodils so I tried my best to satisfy both. 



Although my flowers are the right color, they aren't daffs but I hope they suffice.




Stitched on MCG Textiles 32 ct Pewter linen using DMC floss, based on a design from Mary Corbett's Stitched Sampler Alphabet...

I was going to work on crazy quilt/bead journal blocks but I couldn't find my crazy quilt stencils! AAACK! Nothing like a fruitless search for a tool to put me off a project. I have two sets, but, having searched all the likely locations (and several unlikely ones), I have concluded that both have gone walkabout! So I ordered a third set, a sure guarantee that the other two will show their shiny little template selves as soon as the new ones arrive!


But at least I can focus on needlework now, so the coming months should be a little more rewarding than the last six weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment