Monday, May 4, 2015

WIPocalypse 2015 - The Full Flower Moon (or the Full Corn Moon or the Milk Moon if you prefer!) May 4, 2015

So far, no topic has been posted for this month so I will proceed to my progress, such as it was(NOT)...

A pretty sad month to report on as I was ill for most of it and I can't focus on stitchery when coughing and with a nasty headache and fever. In fact, I only worked on one piece since the last WIPocalypse.

At quilt guild in April, a friend loaned me a copy of the pattern her EGA group in Naples, FL is using for their charity giving and I told her I' do a couple for her to send along with her own. It is a sampler to be framed and given to recipients of Habitat for Humanity homes. I managed to get in two before the nasty illness felled me. I will give them to her at our next meeting next week.

There was a little stitching done on my goals (outline "Jan" for the roll Your Own Mandala piece, do some fill on the "Save the Stitches" and work on my Quilt Journal Project/Bead Journal Project piece for April. I got part of the outline done, finished up block 13 on "Save the Stitches" and assembled a basic block for the April Quilt Journal/Bead Jounralpiece. 

And that's it... nothing ore. I'm woefully behind on all my goals, I will never get wither one of the BAPs ready for the fair this year and I now have to accept that I will somehow have to catch up on my quilt journal/bead journal piece. Also, I have committed to a quilt block for a memorial quilt a group of stitchers are doing for a dear friend who recently passed away after a five-year struggle against cancer. 


Not a happy situation and I can't predict how successful I will be at any of this as I am still pretty much out of stitching action with whatever that illness is... Besides, there is a stamping convention at the end of this week and a road trip in early June for Husband's National Daylily Conference which will interfere with all of this, to say nothing of the probability that all this traveling will knock me back in the recovery cycle. Keep your fingers crossed for me, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment