Saturday, May 16, 2015

Weeks Eighteen (May 7, 2015) and Eighteen (May 14, 2105)

Two more weeks with no stitchery to report. I'm finally over the cold although I still seem to be tired all the time. So... 

This past week has been a test of my "cure". First, on May 3, my husband and I took a day trip tp Detroit to visit our dear friends (and former colleagues) who now live in west Virginia but who have a son, daughter-in-law and grandchild who live in the absolute center of Detroit city! Talk about an organized day! Coffee at Astro, brunch down the street, The Hetry Ford Musuem, the Detroit Institute of Art (to see the Diego Rivera murals), pie at She Pie, and a walk around the Ana Scripps Whitman Conservatory on Belle Isle! Needless to say, this was testing my ability to keep going without falling asleep or coughing myself silly. I made it, but just barely! 

Then, On May 6 - 9, it was Novi, Michigan with my Girls' Night Out buddies at the Great Lakes Megameet., where we walked and shopped and ate and walked and shopped some more. Broke my budget for some time to come and my legs were exhausted but the cough seems to be gone and I am now able to make it through the day without a nap for the first time in over a month! Hooray! 

Came home to this beautiful sight--- all in one day of sun and warmth (which immediately left the area the next day and has yet to return):



I have hopes to get in some stitching this weekend. Perhaps International Hermit and Stitch Weekend this weekend will encourage me to get to work. I hope so. It's hard to motivate when one has been totally away form a craft for so long...

I have one quilt journal/bead journal block waiting, originally intended for April, but I think it may be reassigned to another month and I will start again for April this weekend, and also get one assembled for May (adn even June?) as well. I also have fabric and floss pulled and a free embroidery pattern selected for a memorial quilt for a dear friend who died recently. I hope to get the pattern transferred this weekend and maybe even some stitching done on that as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment