Friday, September 2, 2011

WIP myself into shape, Week 35

"Sewing with Mama", designer Sandy Lynam Clough, kit by Candamar.

It's not a big piece (only 10 by 12) but already it's giving me headaches. At least six sheets of instructions, two of which are top stitching. So many threads and then there are the blended threads (WHY do I hate blended threads so much, anyway). The frog has visited regularly and then, when I got to this point, I found out I had goofed way back in the black ONE stitch which throws off the left side of the sewing machine (can you tell that's a sewing machine?) ... and I had already put in three more colors before I found it out. SOOO... fudge time!

What is more, this is another of those kits that shows a picture on the front that has no relation whatsoever with the actual colors that this is... for example, that "blue grey" in the upper right corner? It shows as a wedgewood blue in the photo. Irritating!

Oh well, enough whingeing. Here's the picture:





3 comments:

  1. I can see why this piece is difficult. Yes, it looks like a sewing machine already! How long have you been working on this piece? I look forward to future updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been working on it for about two weeks, off and on. Soon be off again since the September BJP and the September Bargello Club pieces are coming up as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, despite the issues, it looks great - and I knew it was a sewing machine at the first glance!!! Hang in there, you'll get through it, and you'll love it on the other side :)

    ReplyDelete