Friday, September 23, 2011

WIP myself into shape, Week 38, AND a completion!

First, the completion!

My September Bead Journal piece is called "September Winds" --- not quite how I envisioned it but the leaf beads I had simply didn't work. And the color isn't really as  stark as the photo make it appear...



Because I spent so much tie this week on Bargello Club and Bead Journal Project, I didn't get a lot accomplished on "Sewing with Mama!" --- just a bit more of that drab grey background:


2 comments:

  1. LOVE September Winds - that is really pretty!! You are getting a lot done on Sewing - all that grey has to be monotonous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the colors (and note the pollen flying across the nose piece --- a certain irony, in my opinion)!

    Yeah, that grey is BORING! And would you believe it's all tweeded threads --- three different tweeds and one solid and I can barely make out the variation! and it would have been so much more interesting if it had been the blue the package suggested! But the background, except for that little bit that will be patterned, is pretty much done. Here's hoping all that embellishing top stitching will brighten it up a little...

    ReplyDelete