Saturday, December 8, 2012

2012 - A Year of Challenges - Week Forty-Nine

This week, in addition to the TAST already posted, I concentrated on Birds of a Feather and the December color palette/crazy quilt journal/bead journal project square. Given that the color palette challenge this month didn't quite "fit" with my other eleven squares (see yesterday's post) , I decided to do an alternate, based on the block 6 grid form from the "I dropped the Button Box Quilt" and six colors that were used more than once in the previous eleven blocks... Here is that alternate:






The rest of my stitching time was dedicated to the backstitching on "Birds of a Feather". That is almost done:



although I will have to make some modifications to the backstitching on the paislies since I miscounted two of them and they are too close to the feathers to do as graphed. There are a few confetti speciality stitches in the body of the piece and a lot of beads in the border to do yet...

The latest Mittens & Mini-Socks arrived yesterday so that will take precedence over "Birds" for a few days. Drat... I had hoped to have "Birds" done this weekend but it doesn't look good...

No comments:

Post a Comment