Sunday, December 30, 2012

I didn't think I would finish it this year but...


Here is "Home Sampler", designer Michael Powell stitched on 27-ct even weave (antique White) using 32 colors (and 11 blends) of Anchor floss. Completed December 29, 2012.


I have a piece picked out for my next start --- it's a blackwork Mandala by Elizabeth Almond --- but do I want to start it in 2012 or end the year with no WIPS and save the blackwork for 2013? I suppose I could start laying out my crazy quilt block for January and my BJP piece as well. Kitting those up wouldn't constitute a WIP, would they?

Meanwhile, I'll continue to enjoy the winter white outside my windows (we got another inch yesterday and, wonder of wonders, no wind so it's sticking, not blowing around, so the trees have a little edging of white too!).

No comments:

Post a Comment