Monday, January 14, 2013

2013 - Reconnect to My Stitchery, Week Two


I didn't get as much done as I had hoped this week --- mix in a damaged rotator cuff (i'm on massive doses of ibuprofen in the hopes that it will allow it to heal without further intervention) , Girls Night Out on Tuesday, quilt guild on Thursday, and a crafting weekend with my friend Mary, there was little time for stitching. It won't be much better this coming week either since we have house guests all weekend and two of hubby's dinners (one Master Gardener's recognition and one Hosta and Daylily Society); I expect I'll be to tired to stitch...

Anyway --- no progress on my Crazy Quilt Challenge block, but I got a little more of the outlining done on the Bead Journal Project block:



a VERY little progress on the border of  "Red Thai Mandala":



and only a  few stitches put into Januarys "Mitten * Mini-sock" (no photo to show for it - not worth the effort given the amount of stitches shown!). 

But I did complete the BJP 2011 wall hanging!



Here is the back:


tied with clear buttons (which of course, don't show up in this photo), a hanging sleeve and a label (no fabric pen decided it was too old to write so it's not at all clear, but it is only basted on and it will only take a new pen and all will be copacetic).

"Kimono-Revisited" took a road trip Thursday night to quilt guild "show-and-tell" and even though it isn't a quilt, per se, it did go over reasonably well. The fact that I actually had something to show was as much as a shock to the membership as the fact that I showed off a needlepoint project! 

This week is a stitchathon week at Cross Stitch Crazy so I expect I will work more on "Thai Red Mandala" than anything else, but I do want to plan out how to "finish-finish" BJP 2010 (A book, perhaps - I have a clue as to how to do that now) and 2012 (another quilt top/wall hanging?).


No comments:

Post a Comment