Monday, January 21, 2013

2013 - Reconnect to My Stitchery, Week Three (and IH&S Weekend)


This International Hermit & stitch Weekend coincided with the Cross Stitch Crazy week-long Stitchathon ... AND weekend house guests. Still, I managed to squeeze in 2295 stitches over the week, 752 of which were on the weekend and resulted in the completion of the latests Janet Perry "Mini-Sock", Jewel, on Friday:



The "jewel" is Kreinik silver braid ((#16 braid, color 001) while the purple background is DMC 208. 209 and 2011. The instructions called for four coordinating colors for the background but I didn't have another purple that quite matched the three (purple is a hard color to match, IMO).

There is still the mitten to do --- I only have a few of the silver stitches in at present.

 In addition, I put more beads into my January Bead Journal Project butterfly ('m calling it "Snow & Ice" because of the ridiculously cold weather we are having right now, even if it hasn't snowed much to speak of year  this January...); 



All that remains to be done is the antenna (a few stem stitches in silver and a couple of larger beads...) and it will be finished as well!

At the beginning of the week, I also stitched on "Red Thai Mandala" and got a bit more of the border stitched:


I have neglected my Crazy Quilt Journal Project piece which I really have to get moving on as the month is almost over! Also, I need to start my BJP "finish-finish" this week and Take a Stitch Tuesday will be starting up again tomorrow as well. 

Hmmm, doesn't sound like I lightened my stitching commitments at all, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment