Monday, February 18, 2013

2013 - Reconnect to My Stitchery, Week Seven


This week sucked, stitchery-wise, as there were all sorts of "interruptions"! Monday waiting for the furnace inspector to come, Tuesday "Girls Night Out", Thursday quilt guild meeting, Friday an appointment with a general surgeon about my esophageal reflux, Sunday a luncheon where husband was elected to the Board of Friends of Wood County Parks - all of these interfered with my stitching schedule. Still, I did get some stitching done over the weekend for International Hermit and Stitch Weekend!

First of all, I managed to complete my February BJP (posted earlier) and TAST Stitch 52 (posted earlier).

Then I did a fabric toss for my "Encrusted Crazy Quilting" class:



But while the comments indicated that the color palette was "peaceful", there were too many patterns for the embellishment stitchery to show so I rethought and came up with this one:



Completely different look, isn't it? I think I see the point and will go with # 2... I hope I'm not "over thinking" this!

Next, I stitched a bit on "Red Thai Mandala" and made progress on the blackwork part of the outer border:



And finally, I stitched the "Mittens & Mini-Socks" "Quince" sock  (posted earlier)  and the matching "Quince" mitten:



A lot of this (the mandala and the mini-sock and mitten) were part of IHSW but I'm not behind in the encrusted crazy quilt class as a new lesson is due out this week and I don't even have my block made! I have made almost no progress in making my 2012 Bead Journal Project in to a wall hanging. And there WILL be another TAST assignment on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment