Tuesday, January 21, 2014

2014 - Staying Connected, Week Three

An interesting stitchy week which included WIPocalypse, International Hermit and Stitch Weekend and a completion ("Ladybug & Daisy")! Kind of left my project bag a little thin so I finally bit the bullet and started the outline for "Roll Your Own", the first of nine mandalas from a Tracy Horner/InkCircles stitchalong which has been kitted up for months but never started. The outline is fiddly in that it needs to be carefully counted, so there will be no frogging, so I am going very slowly on this. In two days, I haven't even finished one page of the charted outline (there are four full pages and two half pages altogether):



I'm stitching this one on overdyed fabric from SIlkweaver (it's called Iris and I've used it before for one of my Sumptuous Surface Embroidery pieces) in the Tropical Ocean colorway (lots of blues and greens).

I also did the latest Take a Stitch Tuesday stitches (she's slowing these down so there won't be one a week, and they will be more beads and silk ribbon and the like). These are stitches 95 and 96 - the Linked Chain and the Beaded Linked Chain, respectively. 



I also played around with layouts for a February Crazy Quilt Journal block and with a design for my February Bead Journal Project piece. 

It was a busy week, with clean bills of health from my optometrist and my general practitioner, a stamping demo in Toledo and the Black Swamp Hosta and Daylily luncheon. All this despite the weather which, even though much better than the previous week, was cold and snowy... January continues to advance here towards a record, all-time snowfall --- we are now in third place, moving up fast with last night's half inch to one inch or so  (only 0.1" separating the totals of first, the infamous year of the "Blizzard of '78" and second place years so we should be neck and neck right now!). With the snow we got last night, and with snow predicted for the next five days, albeit in small scattered amounts, odds are January 2014 will be a record setting month for all-time snow *and* all-time cold! 



Why, or why, or why-o did I EVER come back to Ohio? I bet these birds are wondering why they didn't migrate to warmer climes too!



No comments:

Post a Comment