Saturday, January 18, 2014

Another completion!

Well, sort of. It turns out I used my fabric in the wrong direction and ran out of room on the left and right margins to do the blackwork fill background. Plenty of room, top and bottom but there wouldn't have been ANY room on the sides to allow for framing... So, I decided to delete the background and stop with just the "Ladybug & Daisy"... design by Valentina Sardu for Ajisai Designs:



After all that frogging on the upper right quadrant of petals, it still wasn't "right on". I don't think there was one petal exactly where it should have been relative to the bug... so I had to fudge a few outlines to make it work. That cross-hatching is the hardest pattern I have ever tried in blackwork... and I think I will avoid it in future --- or maybe only use it when the outline is already in place.

The really odd thing is there are now no WIPS (other than my travel needlepoint) in my project bag! I have UFOs I could choose from, kitted up projects I could start, online classes I could catch up with, crazy blocks and bead journal pieces I could get a head start on, but which? The sheer decision-making is almost paralyzing! Well, tomorrow, to quote Scarlett, IS another day!


No comments:

Post a Comment