Wednesday, May 14, 2014

WIPocalypse - May 14, 2014

The question for this full moon was: "What designs or themes do you really wish you could find?  What do you think is missing among stitching designs?" 

Well, I have to say I'm a rather eclectic stitcher and can usually find something to stitch without looking too long or hard (heck, my stash of charts, magazines and books is large enough to net a fair number of $$$ in a garage sale should I ever get around to setting one up). I can't offhand think of anything I can't find... I'm more of the "there's way too much 'cute' out there for my taste" kind of stitcher. So I guess if this question was phrased in another way, I'd suggest trimming down the the selection of smalls, the too cutes, the child-suitable offerings in favor of some designs that had some challenge, some speciality stitches, some beading...

Since the last WIPocalpyse, I have completed the following:
  • Take a Stitch Tuesday: Rice Stitch (varieties), Square Box Stitch,  Rope stitch , ZigZag Coral Stitch, Feathered Chain Stitch and Beaded Feathered Chain Stitch.
  • May Bead Journal Project atc ornament - Goldfinch Owl"
  • May Crazy Quilt Journal block


Completions that are milestones in some continuing WIPS:
  • Wiehenburg Mystery Band Sampler bands 10 and 11
  • "Save the Stitches" SAL blocks 6 and 7 


In progress are: 
  • the Roll Your Own Mandala "Reloaded" 
  • "Save the Stitches" outlines for blocks 8 and 9
  • The Funk & Weber Finishing class on hemstitching



In addition to the above in-progress WIPS, expected this month are more Take-a-Sitch Tuesday stitches and the last band on the Weihneburg Mystery Band Sampler. So I continue to move from small compltion to small completion while the BAPs barely get touched! Will I never get caught up?

No comments:

Post a Comment