Wednesday, October 8, 2014

2014 - Staying Connected, Week Forty

In this past week, I have completed Stitch #133 for Take a Stitch Tuesday (the Triple Chain):



finished the outline for "Bride" in the RYO mandala series from Tracy Horner:



assembled the basic block for my October Crazy Quilt Journal piece:



and kitted out my October Bead Journal piece.

Not bad, considering my ailing stitching mojo and the ever-present frog on"Bride'! I also completed a can't-put-it-down darn-it-it's-a-cliffhanger-ending book by Deborah Crombie ("To Dwell in Darkness") which I highly recommend (If you aren't current on her James-Kinkaid series, it might help to read the earlier book in the series "The Sound of Broken Glass" to set the stage before embarking on this page turner).


I have high hopes for stitching in the coming week, even though Thursday is likely to be a lost cause (in addition to the October quilt guild meeting which wipes out the evening stitching period, I have a dentist appointment in the AM for prep work on a crown for an upper-left molar that is about to part company with it's antique filling if something isn't done soon. AAARGH! But the weekend is International Hermit and Stitch Weekend and that is a great motivation to get me working on the long neglected "Save the Stitches"!

No comments:

Post a Comment