Wednesday, October 8, 2014

WIPocalypse - October 8

In addition to my weekly wrap-up, this is also report-in day for WIPocalypse!

Wipocalypse question of the month: "Am I a Halloween or Christmas stitcher?" 

Well, I'm not either, really. For a while, I stitched a lot of Halloween things, mainly ornaments. I have several dozen Christmas ornaments that decorate two artificial tress each season. I need more --- one of the trees is a little sparse and I calculate I need about 4 dozen more --- 12 of which are "underway", but these twelve are my Bead Journal Project pieces for 2014 so not exactly holiday stitching! I have no Christmas wall hangings or framed pieces and only one Halloween framed piece (stitched for entry into the fair a few years ago so, again, not exactly holiday stitching), no holiday pillows of any kind, and, with the exception of a few stand-up ornaments, no decor pieces either. 

So I guess I would have to say neither...

Since the last WIPocalypse report, I have completed the followng:


  • Take a Stitch Tuesday - Stitches 129 and 130 (Lock an Double Lock Stitches), Stitch 131 (Beaded Lock Stitch), #132 (Kiko's Flower), and #133 Triple Chain
  • Bead Journal Project for September 


Other than these meager accomplishments, I have managed to put in some stitches on, and complete, the outline for "Bride" in the RYP mandala series, assembled the basic block for the October Crazy Quilt Journal Project, and sketched out and kitted my October Bead Journal Project.

I downloaded the charts for installments 18 and 19 for "Save the Stitches", and I studied the videos for the "Seed Bead Botany" oniine class. The final class in the "Finishing" series ) "Pillow Palooza")from Funk & Weber started first of October and I have skimmed the first lesson for that, but so my goal of catching up is a miserable failure...

This month, I would like to continue with:
  • Take a Stitch Tuesday
  • Bead Journal Project for October 
  • Crazy Quilt Block for October 
  • Color in the RYO mandala "Bride"
  • The outline and some fill for "Save the Stitches" installments 10 - 19
  • Participate in the fourth, and final, fInishing online class from Funk & Weber (Pillow Palooza)



In addition, there is quilt guild retreat the last weekend of October for which I need to have a competed challenge block (it's pieced - needs to be sandwiched, quilted and bound) and where I hope to make progress on the wall hangings for my Crazy Quilt Journal Projects for 2013 and 2014, the placemat(s) for the Meals on Wheels donation and maybe even my Chinese coins top which I completed at the last retreat and have made no further progress on. I may even take on of my traveling embroidery pieces for a break from quilting while at retreat ...

No comments:

Post a Comment