Thursday, October 29, 2015

WIPocalypse 2015 - October 27 - Hunter's Moon

This month's topic is "Are there any fibers or materials used in stitching that you’re nervous to try?" I'd have to say "not really". I think I've tried most of the fibers out there and while I don't LIKE to use some of them (metallics, rayons, even linens), I can use any of them if pressed. I have to admit my favorite is silk, but I can't really afford silk in quantity so I tend to stick with my old stand-by DMC six-stranded cotton.

Last month, My goals were (not necessarily in the order listed):
  • finish outline of "Revenge" ===  75% DONE
  • put some stitches into "Save the Stitches" blackwork === NOT done
  • Design and prepare the base blocks for the Crazy Quilt/Bead Journal Project for October, November and December === DONE
  • Complete the October blocks for the Crazy Quilt/Bead Journal Project === DONE  
  • Quilt three placemats for the quilt guild holiday project === NOT done (but I did load the bobbin!)
Also, while away at a paper crafting class, I put in some stitches into the border of my traveling needlepoint "Palm Tree Elegance"  (I thought I had two night football games last month but I was wrong --- they are in the next three weeks...).

Considering I wasn't feeling that "stitchy" all month, this wasn't too bad.

Next month, my goals are:
  • Start putting in the colors on "Revenge"
  • Quilt those three place mats (or they will have to sit around my quilting space until NEXT holiday season!)
  • Finish the November Crazy Quilt Journal/Bead Journal block

No comments:

Post a Comment