Thursday, December 3, 2015

Week Forty-Eight, December 3, 2015

While I kitted up my December Crazy Quilt/Bead Journal Project block, I didn't actually do any stitching on it. 

I did, however, finish a few fill colors on "Revenge", the seventh of the "Roll Your Own Mandalas". I now have a small amount (maybe 25%) of color nine (of twelve) stitched...



What else was accomplished? Well, Thanksgiving dinner as at brother-in-laws. I was sou-chef to husbands chef as he made four pumpkin pies and two casseroles of oyster dressing to contribute to the meal. 

Then it was rivalry weekend for college football and both our master's and doctorate alma maters were playing big games. One lost, one won, both will be in their conference championship games (as will our bachelor's alma mater, which clinched the right to play weeks ago).

 In between watching football games  I put my Christmas mailing list in order (it seemed to have lost it's formatting over the years) and, together with husband, printed out mailing labels and signed, addressed, stamped and mailed 128 cards! 

Husband had never removed the lights from the tree in the front garden or the railing on the dock, so they are now lighted up at night. Next up,  interior decorating (while I love the result, I hate the work involved... so I tend to put it off but this year...).


Add to all this, prepping for the 2015 tax returns and this is a busy month --- hardly conducive to stitching. But I will try...

No comments:

Post a Comment