Thursday, April 21, 2016

Weeks Fourteen through Sixteen, April 7, 14 and 21, 2016

Well, as you can see from my title, I didn’t blog for the last three weeks! Oops!

But I have reasons! Maybe not GOOD reason, but reasons nonetheless! 

Mainly, I didn’t stitch. At least not until last night. And I didn’t stitch because a) my mojo was missing and b) life got in the way.

The week of April 7, we were preparing for out-of-country visitors, who arrived April 6 and stayed through April 10. Needless to say, it was difficult to do any stitching while entertaining our Saudi friends. Besides, my stitching mojo seems to have gone walk-about.

The week of April 14 included the end of our Saudi visitors’ stay, a massive April snowstorm:


(Underneath this 7+ inches of heavy wet snow are all those daffodils I posted about in Week 13!)

an appointment with a surgeon as a preface to a colonoscopy (I know, too much information), and an early morning rising for manning the phone banks for the local public radio’s spring fundraiser. To say I was exhausted was to understate the issue! 

And this week - an overnight stay in Cleveland for a wedding (including a rehearsal  and rehearsal dinner), at which wedding ceremony I sprained my ankle , which in turn resulted in leaving for home early (skipping the reception) with my ankle wrapped in five pounds of gas station ice. Three days later, this resulted in a three-hour visit to the ER to make sure it was a sprain and NOT a break (you wouldn’t believe how many people told me about their experiences with breaks which masqueraded as sprains!):


(It was, indeed, a sprain and not a break! Whew!)

and my six-month check-up with the dentist. Also included in this week’s schedule were two trips to the local airport to send husband on his way to Nevada. The first, at a decent time of day so in theory I could figure out the route too and from (I had never driven there before and driving to places I’ve never been before is NOT in my comfort zone), resulted in a repeat the next day when all flights were canceled due to a computer glitch, and the second one required getting up at 3 AM to get to the first flight out! AAACK! And the very next day I had to be up early again for the first appointment of the day by the heating and cooling service, who were doing the annual HVAC check-up on hour system. Added to that were the bare-root roses delivered while husband was gone and these roses HAD to be planted (me with a sprained ankle - right? Thanks Dan, for the assistance!).

So the fact that I actually pulled out “Rematch” and put in some stitches last night probably qualifies as a minor miracle! The current fill color  (Number 4 of 12) is about 75% done:



Not sure that the mojo is back but the tulips and grape hyacinths are blooming (and surprisingly, the daffodils survived for the most part and rebloomed!):





 and one can only hope that spring is here (although I heard the weatherman say last night there were a few frost warnings in the next week’s forecast. AACK!).




No comments:

Post a Comment