Saturday, April 23, 2016

WIPocalypse 2016 - April 22, the Pink Moon

This month’s topic for discussion is “What do you listen to while stitching?” For me, it’s always the television on. I stitch in my bedroom where there is an HD television hooked up to a DVR and the satellite as well as local on-antenna channels so I have a wealth of choices. I might “listen” to something I DVR-ed or it might be “live” — it all depends. Can I concentrate on stitching while “listening” to NCIS or do I need to concentrate on the program? Can I enjoy a classic movie while stitching?  Does a little “Binge listening” need to be done to clear my DVR memory? 

Last night, for example, I stitched during the Turner Classic Movies Judy Garland Tribute and basically listened to “The Harvey Girls” from start to finish (Not sure I ever actually had watched that movie before as there were certainly things I didn’t remember about it, like the fact that Angela Lansbury was in it!).

My goals last month were simple: make progress on “Rematch”.  I expected little else thanks to interruptions in my schedule by visitors or road trips, doctors’ appointments (which usually et me into anxiety overdrive), or by early morning appointments (phone bank at public radio, taking husband to airport for the first flight of the day, service visit by the HVAC guys arriving sometime between 8 AM and Noon, etc.) resulting in exhausted evenings and foggy thinking, definitely not suitable for focusing on counted cross-stitch!  

So I have little WIP progress to report but I can say that, since last month, I have completed two more colors of fill on “Rematch” (Number Three was roughly 30% done last month and Number Four only an idea in my foggy brain) and actually started on color number Five (roughly 25% done as of last night).



Do I have goals for May? Well, let’s hope I can do better with “Rematch”. Looks like, if I concentrate, I can stitch roughly half a color a night. I have seven and three-quarters to go which means it could be done in two weeks, give or take a few hours. SO a finish is possible (if not likely).

Also, I found out two weekends ago that a niece is expecting (It’s a boy, and the name will be Carter William but I don’t know anything else), and I’d like to find a suitable birth sampler for her…


No comments:

Post a Comment